Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Quiltathon Day 2

I had a very productive day today. First thing this morning, Hubby took the dogs for a ride to the store and got me a "fancy" coffee. Yummmm. I started sewing before they got back. I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish for this quiltathon and I have almost everything marked off the list.

I put the last border on the bear paw quilt this morning. Yeah! I have the flannel prewashed and ready to make the backing. I think that will be my project for tomorrow and maybe I can get it loaded on the frame.

Then I started working on my UFO #2, the cow print blocks. I finally decided how to set them together and 4 of the 5 sections are complete. I am hoping to get the last section done tonight and figure out if the fabric I have for the border will work or not. I'm thinking of a creative border treatment so it doesn't look like I didn't have enough fabric. HMMM, I may have to think on that one for a while. Not too long though, I only have until April 10 before the next number is drawn and I want to have this finished before that.

Thanks for the fun weekend Judy. Let's do this again soon.

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great progress - I got nothing done today - except my birthday bash put on by my daughters - plus some good grandson time - and also a visit to the hospital to see an ailing friend - who is doing better. Sunshine made the day nicer too.