Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Keep On Keepin' Up



Things are looking good on the keeping up on the current projects front. Stashbuster Yahoo group gave us our next 2 BOMs for the Sunshine Sampler. I did them both yesterday. They are the top blocks in the photo. So far I like it. I hope I remember to take a photo each month as I finish the blocks. I think I will make the bottom right block into a pillow. I exchanged that one for the one on the bottom left. I like it so much better.

I finished sewing up the blocks for the Stash Project, put the first borders on the Strip Twist. My big jobs for today are to finish the borders for Strip Twist, finish the borders on the Double Delight and cut the pieces for my last Carol Doak pp block so I can sew it tomorrow. I'd also like to get the backings made for both top and cut the batting for both of them. I want to get them finished and marked off my list! And if I get all this done today, I am going to work on that darn homespun plaid quilt top!!! I must get that one out of my way!

I'm at a stand still on the quilt on the frame. I didn't like the quilting on part of it and I don't have a thread color that I do like. So I will take it off the frame and take it with me to get some thread to match. And while it is off the frame, I'll take out the stitching I don't like.

~TTFN, I have stuff to do!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Busy little bee aren't you? Must mean you are feeling better, and that's a good thing :)

Ronda and Steve said...

My boss is a big-time quilter, which I know nothing about. It's so much fun to see all your projects and understand some of her quilt-speak through your posts! I feel like I'm getting a sneak peak into her "life outside of work".

You really make beautiful things!