Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Retreat Time

It's that time of year again. Retreat time! One this weekend, home for 4 days and off to another. I am quite excited and I am ready to go. I'm taking several projects to work on. I have 2 Carol Doak BOMs, all my lottery blocks, some signature blocks for an exchange in September, a couple miniature projects and in case I run out of things to do, I have another long term paper piece project with me. And we are having a postcard class on Friday.

I don't know why I'm so worried about running out of things to do. I'm coming home every night to sleep in my own bed. The retreat center is only 3 miles away so I'm not sleeping in those army bunk beds anymore. So I say now!

I have 2 completed quilts for show and tell and maybe I'll grab a couple tops to take also. The quilt in the photo isn't ready to take anywhere. It's a quilt as you go project. I saw Betty Cotton of Cotton Theory Quilting fame on Sewing with Nancy and had to try her method. I'm glad I DVRed it because I have had to go back and look at some things again. I think it will be a fun quilt when it's done. And I've been playing with the decorative stitches on my machine. I still have 2 more rows to set together before I can start sewing rows together.

Hopefully I won't be making any more UFOs this weekend. I'm hoping to have completed projects when I get home. Talk to you later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: