Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, December 24, 2018

Mystery Monday Link Up & Design Wall Monday


Quiltville Mystery Good Fortune Step 5 
How fun to mix up all the colors!
I love pulling neutrals out of the bin.
I had fun cutting from the orange yardage.
I strip from each piece. 
I'm sure I won't be using all of this.


I am so glad I made sample blocks first.
I used my piecing machine to sew a couple gifts 
and that means taking off the seam guide, 
so when I put it back on, I had it so wrong.
I even questioned myself when I did it.
But it's all fixed now and these blocks are fun!


I finished my string blocks Thursday.
They were so much fun that I made about 20 extra,
I knew part 5 wouldn't happen for me until after Christmas.

I'm excited to check out the link ups this week.

and 


Merry Christmas

5 comments:

Nann said...

Merry Christmas, Judy! The neutrals are the hardest fabric to come up with--that is, how much of a print can they have and still be neutral? When I see Bonnie's blocks all made up I note considerable "printy-ness." I'm looking forward to seeing how these units go together!

Mary said...

Christmas busy? Part 5 stitches up quicker with less to make. Glad to watch your Mystery Quilt grow. Your swapped Neutrals were a great idea.

gayle said...

Merry Christmas to you, too!
I also only got a few done for Clue 5 - there'll be lots more time to sew later in the week! 8)

Quilter Kathy said...

Isn't it so fun?!?! I loved the string piecing too!
Merry Christmas!

Vireya said...

It is all looking wonderful. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Bonnie puts all these pieces together.