Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 19, 2018

Design Wall Monday



While I'm waiting for the Quiltville mystery to start,
I'm quilting July's UFO from Judy L's Challenge.
 Finally!
My #11 is Grandmother's Choice-Votes For Women Sampler.
I don't know why I was so scared to quilt this. 


I was super excited to get a ruler foot that finally I can use on my machine.
It's a Juki foot but it fits several high shank machines.
Well I did ok for a while but there is a learning curve and I want to get this done.


So I switched back over to my darning foot and got busy.
I sewed and sewed and sewed!


Sunday evening I was done!
Or I thought. 
See the sashing rows above Miss Polly?
I was showing it off and looked down and dang!
I skipped quilting the sashing on 3 rows!
I'll go back in the in the morning and quilt those.
Binding is sewn on so I'll have this finished this week.
Yeah

Check all the great design walls at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts-Design Wall Monday.




4 comments:

Mary said...

Oops, good to catch it in the photo. I love having that tool to show things my eyes do the always see.
Yea for a fIrish before the Mystery.
Have you chosen your colors?
I have cleaning to get done for company coming for Thanksgiving. Happy Monday !

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's so funny how we see things in photos that we don't see in real life! Hopefully, it was easy to go back and finish up. A finish always feels good!

sanpiseth40 said...

I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
หนังใหม่

Kate said...

Congrats on the almost finish! I really like sashing fabric, it really sets off the blocks beautifully.