Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 12, 2018

Design Wall Monday





I had my list of projects to work on at retreat.
First on the list was to put the binding on this quilt.
I'll hand stitch it down this week while watching tv at night.



Next up was to finish up the doll clothes.
I had the pants finished and made this shirt.
I'll make the remaining shirts at home and mail them to my friend this week.
My machine doesn't like to sew skinny knit seams.


But she does great paper piecing which was my next project
 and what I worked on the rest of the weekend.
I ended the weekend with 20 completed Virginia Bound quarters and
18 more with the centers sewn.
Mindless string sewing is a great retreat project.



When I got home from retreat, 
my energy level was low but my mind wouldn't shut off.
I decided to create a temporary design wall to work on this baby quilt.
It wasn't as easy as it was in my mind but I got it done.
Now I'll make progress on the baby quilt.

 Monday morning edit:
Blocks fell off into a pile on the floor.
I'll continue to use my bed as a design wall until I purchase some foam insulation.
BooHoo.


As I do with each retreat, 
I stopped to take a picture of the tree snag.
The fall colors were stunning.
The weather was clear and cold and beautiful!

My project list is long but my energy level is high!
We had a great time with friends old and new.
I especially love when I can retreat with one of my daughters.

Check out other Design Walls at Small Quilt and Doll Quilts. 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun!! Glad you got to play with friends and have your daughter there too. Happy Monday!

Annie said...

A wonderfully productive retreat you had! That pretty quilt is going to be a new finish real soon. The doll clothes are sweet. I wouldn’t want to sew that tiny knit without my serger...then again, it might be too tiny for that too. Leaving doll clothes to you! LOL. I love the look of your string piecing with the bold and light colors. The heart blocks will make such a cute baby quilt. I use flannel on all my design walls. Have a happy week of sewing!