Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, July 23, 2018

Design Wall Monday


We spent last week at the beach with family.
Loads of fun for 3 days and then it was very quiet.


So I pulled out Wild & Goosey and started sewing block parts together.
I need to take more scraps with me next time we go for more variety,


We came home Friday and on Saturday,
I set up my outside office.
I printed 2 more patterns so I bound the instructions and glued the sheets together.
Then traced and cut out for my size.


I started with Patterns for Pirates Grampa Cardigan.
I had gotten this fabric on the clearance table at JoAnn's.
I sewed it up that night and know where to make my adjustments.
It is a wearable muslin.
Very soft and drapey.
I need to topstitch and hem and I think I'll add patch pockets.


Sunday was hot so I hid in my sewing room for a while.
I love Doug Leko's new mini Simple Folded Corner ruler.
I got mine in the Quiltville store when I ordered some other things.


It was fun using it on these spools. 
I need to do some work on that red one.
It's not quite right.
Anyhooo, all the blocks for the 30s Saturday Sampler are finished.
Time to cut some sashing and cornerstones and a couple borders and the binding.
Another step closer to busting this UFO.


All the blocks I'm going to make for Triangle Gathering are complete.
This final one will be made into quarters for the 4 corner blocks for the outside border. 
I'm ready to lay these blocks out and sew this into a top.


Now I need a new leader/ender project.
I've been wanting to make another Chunky Churndash.
I made this one in 2007 so it's time to make another.
 I love a good plan. 

Check out great Design Wall Monday posts that are linked up to 

2 comments:

Mary said...

Beach time looks fun. Lucky you!!
You're getting stuff done. Making another Quiltville quilt is always a great idea. What colors will you use?

AnnieO said...

Oh you are a busy beaver! How fun to get that much stitching time and no deadline. I have some 1.5" strips set aside for a Chunky Churndash too. It will be my next leader-ender.