Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Design Wall Monday on Sunday Night



I am all excited to be sewing on a found project,
 better know as a squirrel.

Did you all see there is a Squirrel! Club?  
I love it!

I've had these 4 gifted blocks for quite a few years.
I've always known I wanted to continue and make a quilt with them.
I pulled out my 30's fabrics to bust more of these scraps.
Then I got online and ordered yardage for borders, binding and backing.


That center block on the top row was from my very first project using the Tri-Recs rulers.



I made a table mat and made enough to make 2 but only made 1.
It's being used in the bus. 
I still have 8 little blocks so I using 4 as corner blocks on the outside border.


I sat down at the computer and chose a few blocks.
It was lots of fun to choose and kit up these blocks.
It was more fun to sew them. 

I have these 2 blocks to sew up and then I can set them.
We are headed back to the beach with family this week, 
so that won't happen until the weekend.


As I was cutting, 
I noticed all the rulers I had out. 
I like to call these the tools of my trade. 😉
I like the Essential Triangle Ruler but on occasion, 
I grab the old standby Easy Angle and Companion Angle. 

Another UFO is being busted!
It felt good to make great progress this weekend. 
It was so hot here that I didn't mind spending all that time 
in my air conditioned sewing room.

Check out all the great things happening at




5 comments:

Ramona said...

Yay! for another UFO busted. Your table topper is so cute and adds a nice touch to your bedroom on the bus. I like your "tools of the trade". Enjoy the beach!

Karen said...

Your comment about "squirrel" finally explains to me why I was seeing the word pop up on blogs. Makes sense.

Mary said...

You're lucky to be so close to the Beach! I love your 30's blocks. Not what you are normally stitching, lol.
Yahoo for busting UFO'S!

Julie said...

What fun and using up a UFO! Fun project! I love the beach and I am so happy I finally got to wade in the Atlantic ocean!

Suzanne said...

I love a quick, no stress scrappy project. I like the idea of the Squirrel Club!