Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, December 03, 2017

Quiltville Mystery Link Up-Clue 2




Everyone that knows me knows that when mystery time rolls around,
you will find me working on my clue until it is done.
Clue 2 to On Ringo Lake (found at Quiltville) was finished Saturday.
Remember, I don't have a full time job or any children at home.
I have lots of time to sew.
Or should I say, I take lots of time to sew.



First thing I did was get out the appropriate Go dies.
With each die, I write on the package the fabric chunk size.
I cut my chunks and stack them in a layer of 6.
This took me about an hour.



Then it was crank, crank, crank.
During one episode of Switched At Birth,
I had all my parts cut.

Sew, sew, sew.
Binge watch my show.
OK, part 1 of sewing and pressing was enough for day 1.
Someone thought he needed dinner. 😉
(Honestly, I did do a few things other than sew, but not many.)


Day 2 brings me stacks of 10 1 winged geese.
I sew 10, grab a pair of tumblers to get this leader/ender to completion,
(since I'd love to mark this one off the 2017 UFO Challenge list)
sew 10 more.
And sew on and sew on until all my stacks of 10 are complete.


Then it's press and clip, press and clip.
All flying geese are complete with a few (23) extra.
Lots of progress was made toward completing my UFO.

I'm happy to have Clue 2 finished,
because it's going to be a busy week. 

Thanks Bonnie for another fun clue.
Check out everyone's progress at Quiltville's Mystery SUNDAY Link Up.

10 comments:

Feathers in my Nest said...

I know, I agree. Why do they have to eat Everyday!?!Geez.
Loving your Blues! so pretty.

AnnieO said...

That was a lot of sewing! ...and cutting and pressing...
Good job getting them all done in a weekend. Cheering you on from the sidelines.

Mommy Robin said...

Your blues are so pretty!!

gayle said...

Woohoo! Look at you go!
Sewing ten units, then doing a leader/ender is a really good idea. Especially given how MANY of these geese we're going to need!

Mary said...

Yea for getting them done. Quite a process. I used the Essential Triangle Tool method for mine. I'll link up tomorrow.

Vireya said...

Very pretty blue geese!

Anonymous said...

very nice colors-do you remember what dies you used? I am using Doug Lekoes ruler to trim the corners. Making slow progress. Should check my dies. katie

Julie said...

I am looking forward to seeing this mystery together. I don't have a minute of time to participate, but I can live vicariously through everyone else. Good job on keeping up!

Alison V. said...

Your geese look great! I love the blues you're using.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your version of On Ringo Lake come together. Happy quilting!!