Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, December 11, 2017

Design Wall Monday and Mystery Monday Link Up


I am loving each step of On Ringo Lake, the current Quiltville mystery.
(Link found at the top of her page.)
I never count when I start cutting pieces.
I'm a guesser.
I always guess wrong. 
Usually I start way under and then go way over.
I love having the extras in another project or pieces for the back.


 I want to cut into these piles today.
And the pile of neutrals that are waiting their turn.

Christmas shopping is top priority today.
I have my driver and shopping companion. I am ready with my list.
We'll have a great time and a late lunch out, 
be home in plenty of time for him to go to his meeting.
I will cut and sew and press until he comes home.


 I press and clip into 10s.

I am having so much fun visiting old fabrics,
using up the last of the chunks that I haven't yet cut for my Scrap Users System.
(Have you ever read the Scrap UsersTestimonials?-Mine is there. 😃 )

So many fabrics pulled from my blue and neutral strip bins.
So many fabrics acquired through swaps with friends.

Today is link up day and my favorite day in Blogland.

and

Have a great week everyone!!!



9 comments:

Mary said...

Have a Great day shopping. The blues are looking good. I need to find my Essential Triangle Tool. Good thing there is more than one method for these. I have only cut a few strips. Going to get my Blog written soon.

Alison V. said...

Your blue units look great! I am worried I am going to run out of scraps, so I have been doing my best to cut exactly the number that I need! I ended up with one extra nine patch in Clue #1, but oh well!

Judy Hansen said...

I really like the reds and blues with the whites that you are using on the mystery quilt. I'm saving the clues, and will maybe make it after seeing some of the completed quilts. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Monday. I appreciate you!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

I'm enjoying visiting some older fabrics, too. Have a great week!

gayle said...

I'm a guesser, too! Enjoy your outing, and your sewing adventures.

Julie said...

Your pieces are looking great! I am really not a scrappy person so I tend to cut out of chunks, even though I do have the scrap saver system set up to a degree. Not exactly the same, but it works for what I want.

Ramona said...

Your clue 3 parts look great! I haven’t even started mine yet, but hope to tomorrow. Hope you had a fun and successful shopping day!

Quilted Drummer said...

Judy, I'm Cindy and live on the southern Oregon coast. I like to travel. If you would like some company sometime send me an email and maybe we could get together for a sew day. I thought I saw that you are in the SW part of Washington. I too will be making On Ringo Lake when things slow down a bit. Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.