Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

2018 Pantry Challenges


I love my pantry. 
I love using my pantry.
I love a challenge.


 When Leisa at Sutton's Daze on you tube announced her January Pantry Challenge, 
(She has so many fun videos and awesome, simple recipes.)
I knew I wanted to do this.  

I've done my own challenges in the past,
but I think it will be more fun doing it with others.
I don't make you tube videos,
I'd rather blog about my results.

I'm hoping to do some sort of pantry challenge every month,
whether it's on my own or with someone doing something like Lisa is doing. 

I do have my own guidelines for this challenge.
I will shop if it's a good sale and I'm near the store.
(Because in my head, it's silly not to shop the sales.
That's what I do. 😀)
 Mostly I will use what I have in my pantry and freezer.
Of course if Ernie wants to fix dinner, 
(which means he'll go get take out)
I will not refuse.
It's kind of like date night. LOL

I'm excited to make my meal plan.
I'll probably do that a week or so at a time like I already do.

I'm excited about not grocery shopping. 
This is going to be so much fun!






2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I do a lot of canning and freezing in the summer and fall with the intention of eating from the freezer and canning shelves in the winter months. It is so great not to have to go to a grocery store when it is snowy and icy out. It is especially convenient for us since we are dairy farmers so we have our own source of milk all the time and I also have laying hens. This years goal is to make my own cheese so I won't need to buy that. I need to stock up on apples so we have some fresh fruit to eat. Have a blessed Christmas with your family!

Suzanne said...

Thank you for sharing this project. I am definitely up for a new challenge in the Kitchen. Happy Holidays