Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, September 16, 2016

On The Needles


I may have developed a bit of a Frankensock obsession. 
Just a little one. 
I am having so much fun with these. 

The other day when the grands were here.
While the boys played outside, 
Clella was inside cuddled up in the recliner. 
I gave her my bag of sock yarn and the little plastic bobbins and put her to work. 
She had so much fun and 
I have so many colors at my finger tips. 
She's pretty excited to wind more on her next visit.

I think there is enough of just these yarns to make at least 6 socks, 
maybe more. 

I am all about life's simple pleasures and
this is certainly one of them for me.

See what others have on their needles at


5 comments:

Dar said...

Welcome to the Frankensock Club. What size needles are you using. Your socks look so smooth and the stitches tiny. I love your colors. How nice to have a "helper" wind your bobbins for you. I'm just using mine as Carol sent them, little balls of color. lol

Carol started this obsession, so she is to blame and now I don't want to knit anything but these socks. You have some great colors in yours. I haven't knitted socks for long enough to have much of a variety of colors yet, but with Carol's help, I'm hooked too.

straythreads said...

what fun socks I really need to find my short balls of yarn and knit some franken socks too

Sharon said...

I love you socks. They should bring some interesting comments and if nothing else, you saved money using the remnants from other socks to keep feet warm.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

They look FUN!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

They look FUN!