2017 Finish List

Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, October 02, 2015

National Sewing Month Recap

 National Sewing Month has come to an end. My plan was to sew every day. I have done this for several years. This year I missed only 1 day.  I thought it would be fun to recap what I did along with some random pictures that I haven't shared.

I added several Pineapple Crazy blocks to my bin. It might be time to count again.

I finished the Tumalo Trails quilt top and turned the left over border pieces into blocks for another project.

I finished rosette #2 for the Millefiore and started #3. So I have 3 finished rosettes since I jumped ahead and did #5 already. I love this project.

I made another Swoon Vivian bag and a Pearl wallet.

I made a snappy bag and added lots of tumblers to my leader/ender project.

I made oodles of string blocks--3 1/2" scrappy ones and 4 1/2" neutral blocks.
I started and completed the Country Roads mini quilt from Humble Quilts Quilt Along. 

Non sewing included finishing 2 pair of socks and starting 2 more. A new waterline was put in and I spent a couple days staying with my grandkiddos. We spent one day canning tuna with our niece and another day canning beans. One Saturday we spent the day with friends at a fish fry-that was fun and the food-OMGosh!!!

I think I might be glad September is over and I am welcoming October with open arms. I am looking forward to 2 quilt retreats coming up, one this month, one next.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wonderful projects! I also did the sewing everyday challenge, but I missed a few days.

Mary said...

Wow! You were productive and two quilt retreats in the near future. Love all your projects.

Judy S. said...

Great projects! I didn't sew one stitch during NSM sadly.