Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Design Wall Monday


I'm sew excited. It's retreat week!! That means it's a busy next 3 days. I have elk meat to can. Elk bones to cook down and broth to can. I want to make some apple pie filling. Will I get it all done in the next 3 days. You bet, I have everything ready for retreat already.

I bought this kit several years ago and keep getting it out and putting it back. A couple weeks ago I decided it would make a great project for retreat so I cut everything and it's ready to go. It isn't the cover quilt I'm making. One day I'll make that one.  The book is Happy Hour by Terry Atkinson and is full of great quilt patterns! 


 I pulled out a pack of Moda Marble fat quarters I had won at a previous retreat from the Chinese Auction. (We donate things from our sewing room and then put tickets in the bucket of the items we want). These were in someone's deep stash, they are dated 1997. I'm thrilled to use them for sashing on this UFO.

Pineapple Crazy blocks will be worked on after these 2 projects are finished.


I spent some sewing time this week working on The Necessary Clutch Wallet from Emmaline Bags. This is a very well written pattern and fun to sew. This was my first turn knob instillation. I think my second one will be better. Turn knobs are not required on this wallet, a magnetic snap works great too.


All ready to be filled up. 2 card pockets, a zipper pocket and 5 sections. It's a great wallet!


Yesterday morning I woke up with an idea and had to run in and test it out. Piping on glittery hearts. This will be very cute and I'll be able to use some of my heart fabric collection for the inside. 

Check out this weeks Design Wall Monday posts at Patchwork Times.


6 comments:

Mary said...

I love your new wallet!

Suzanne said...

Great finishes..have a blast on your retreat!

Mary said...

I like your wallet, too. I should make myself one. In my spare time...lol! Have fun at Retreat!

Kate said...

Very cute wallet. Have fun on retreat.

Susan said...

Wallet is great........

Have a grand time at your retreat..........

Ramona said...

Have a great time at your retreat. Love your wallet!!