Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 05, 2015

Design Wall Monday


Here it is Monday again. I comes around so fast! I have been busy, busy, busy!

It is now hunting season and I am a weekend hunting widow. Don't feel sorry for me! I love it. Sew all day in my pjs if I want and this weekend I wanted. Even though it was really nice outside, I spent most of my time inside. I went for a few walks but mostly I sewed and sewed and sewed. Eventually I did get showered and dressed. Just not too early in the day.

Saturday I added 12 more Pineapple Crazy blocks to my collection. I am now at 150 and really thought it was more.  I spent last night de-papering those 12 (I de-paper as I go.). Now I want to sew 12 more!

Sunday I worked on a secret project. I love a good secret project. snicker, snicker I'll spend some time today adding the finishing touches and doing the pressing. Then I might work on another bunch of pineapple blocks.


I spent Wednesday and Thursday at Crystal's house while she was whisked away for a little birthday getaway. I took along my Millefiore project to work on. The kids love to work the hexies like a puzzle. I got most of my pieces glue basted and even a few sewn together.

This week I plan to get Tumalo Trails pin basted and I have some Christmas blocks to make. Wish me luck!

See what others are working on at Patchwork Times.


6 comments:

Mary said...

a SECRET project??? Fun, is it for Christmas??? Glad you could stitch in your Jammies. So nice to spend grandmatime making hexies with the grands.

scraphappy said...

Just 12 more blocks to go! So exciting. It is going to be a fabulous quilt.

Ramona said...

Your pineapple blocks are just awesome. Secrets are fun! Glad you had some good seeing days.

Jo said...

Way to go on your pineapple blocks. Those buggers are addicting!

Mary said...

150 pineapple blocks! This pattern is on my bucket list.

Judy S. said...

150 blocks! WOW!!! Way to go.