Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tiny Tuesday


I went to my notebook and pulled out 4 pages which equals 8 block designs. When putting some things away I found a sandwich bag with these batik scraps inside the batik bin. Perfect fabrics for Merry Go Round-Block 33.


Block 34 has proven to be a giant pain in the keester! This is the 2nd block, block 1 was so wonky bad, it's is in the trash! This is supposed to measure 5" unfinished, this one measures 4 1/2".   It will go into either the garbage with the other one or the orphan bin.

I was so frustrated last night and decided to just pass this one over, but at 3:00 I woke up with a brainstorm. I have EQ7, create the stupid block there and resize it to the size I need. And paper piece the darn thing!  It took forever to go back to sleep.

I got up about 5 and played with EQ7.  Now I have papers printed for a block that will finish at 9" because I only drew out 1/4th of the block and sized it to print at 4 1/2".  LOL.........It's a bit early for my brain to be working this morning and it hasn't had even a sip of coffee yet. I changed the size to 2 1/4" and now I can be on my merry way to a new block.  It printed out 6 quarter units for me, just in case I have another bad day.....I need to remember to save this block, the way my luck has gone with it, I may need to print another page.  I will get this! I will!!

Here's hoping I have a better sewing day today.



2 comments:

soscrappy said...

I remember that second block as being a huge pain too! I was so unphappy with it I set it aside to paper piece later. Seeing you work through these little guys is bringing back so many memories.

Teresa in Music City said...

Way to hang in there Judy! That will be a darling block when you're done - well worth it!