Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, December 19, 2014

On The Needles



It's been a while since I've done an On The Needles post......October 10th!  I hadn't been doing much knitting until  one day I got a phone call from my daughter in love. She requested new dishclothes for her Christmas gift. OK, easy peasy!  I pulled out my laminated patterns and got busy.  I was keeping track of how many dishclothes I made this year and stopped counting in July at 11. These for sure put me into the 20s. I used up all the stash and gifted yarn and was able to buy more yarn for these. There is a bit leftover from each color but it will be used up into one dishcloth for me.  

My favorite patterns are DW Dishcloth and Grandmother's Favorite.  Both are free on Ravelry.


I did work on these socks a bit more.  They will soon become my evening project again. Maybe I can get them finished before the end of the year so I can say I finished 3 pair of socks this year.

Find out what other knitters are working on this week at Patchwork Times.  Aren't Judy L's mittens just the cutest!!! I want a pair for myself!

7 comments:

straythreads said...

fun yarns for the dishcloths and love the sock yarn have a great Christmas

Dar said...

Judy, your dishcloths are beautiful. Makes me feel like a slacker when I only got 1 done!! You are my inspiration to get busy! Have a Merry Christmas with your family.

Mary said...

I knit very little, but when I do, I love dishcloths. Yours' are beauties!

scraphappy said...

What pretty colors. I love it when people ask for things I love to make. A definite win-win situation.

Judy S. said...

Good job on all the dishcloths! Leftover dishcloth yarn makes great crocheted coasters..... Love the fun color of your newest sock project. Merry Christmas!

Ramona said...

Great dishcloths! Those will certainly make doing dishes a happier time! :) Merry Christmas!!

Sheila said...

Beautiful knitted dishcloths!