Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Design Wall Monday and ...

...Mystery Monday Link Up


This week, after finishing part 2 of Grand Illusion and a tis the season project, I spent my weekend working on part 3. I love checkerboard designs and can't wait to find out where this fits in to the grand plan.  I came across this piece and was thankful for the oh so subtle reminder.


Quilting is fun for me. I love each and every process about it. It makes me happy.  What else makes me happy is a fun pile of pieces waiting to be put under the pressure foot.  I stack mine up on my ruler to transport them from the cutting table to the machine.


Fresh off the ironing board are some of my blocks, counted and clipped into bunches of 10 of course.  I need 12 of these clipped stacks, I still have 8 clips to fill. Did you see Angela's tip about the clips?  You can read about it here.  I've been doing it that way for a long time.  Sure saves the brain.

It's Monday so that means I'm linking up to Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday and to Quiltville's Mystery Monday Link-Up

.

6 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful little two by fours. Putting that fabric under my needle makes me happy too.

Mary said...

I am in my Happy place when I'm sewing. So glad I get to go out and stitch with my quilt Buddy again. I didn't see Angela's tip thanks for sharing. Saves getting poked by pins.

Ramona said...

Quilting is my happy place, too! And I am a ruler stacker as well. It's small and easy to carry and holds a lot! Have fun with your mystery blocks.

Bonnie said...

Love the cute frog fabric. Your 4 patches are bright and cheerful too. Will now go and see the clipping hint! Thanks.

Andee said...

Your mystery is looking good!

Vireya said...

Love the happy frog! Yes, the mystery is fun to participate in.