Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wishes Quilt Along


Do you read the Jolly Jabber, the blog at the Fat Quarter Shop? So many ideas and great projects! I spotted their Wishes Quilt Along yesterday and couldn't resist participating. Make A Wish is a fabulous organization and I want to do my small part to help.

I am using stash fabrics and just happened to have a bin ready to go from a different project I just couldn't get in to. Not having enough of any one white fabric, my blocks will be be made with a variety of whites.


It really took very little time to make the first 14" block. I followed their basic instructions. Instead of cutting 8 different fabrics, I chose to use 4. After step 2, I had 4 extra half square triangle halves and couldn't toss them into the scrap bin!  So I cut the pieces to make another block. If nothing else, it will live on the back of the quilt. Or I can make an extra block each month and have 2 really cute quilts to donate.




3 comments:

Marei said...

Judy I love the block you created with the little white pinwheel center. Too cute!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your blocks Judy.

Kathleen said...

Judy, I read your comment on Judy L's blog today about eating well. I saw that you get your meat farm raised. I'm not up on how to find humanely raised beef and pork. I live in WA - just moved near Olympia. I don't suppose you live in that area and can recommend places? Kathleen