Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

My Day So Far


I'm having one of
those days. I don't like those kind of days. I didn't sleep well last night. We watched the Sons of Guns show and I kept having wacky dreams about them. Why would they contact me to make them quilt blocks to shoot at??? Told you it was wacky!

I was reading Pokey's blog yesterday and couldn't stop thinking about those cute little houses. So I played in EQ7 for a while and drafted my own paper piecing pattern. Right after Ernie left this morning I pulled out a bag of bright scraps and started playing. I can't wait to play more but I really need to get the crumb quilt finished today.

After checking on the baby chicks--it's always good luck when they make it through night one--then feeding the hens and changing out the water, I got busy in the kitchen.

I took spaghetti sauce out of the freezer and did a quick thaw in the microwave and put it in the crockpot--it's not as thick as I like it to be so it can cook down more until dinner time. Then I decided to cook some Italian sausage and add it to the sauce. Heck, I have 2 packages in the fridge so I cooked both of them. I put some in the sauce and now when it is cool enough, I will package the rest of it up and put it in the freezer for the next spaghetti day or to put on pizza or put in an egg/veggie casserole.

Do you do that??? I precook hamburger and sausage then flash freeze them before putting them into zip bags. I usually have taco seasoned burger in the freezer too. Then I can take out the amount I want for a quick lunch or dinner.

While the sausage was cooking, I changed out the washer/dryer, folded clothes and put them away. Then the dog groomer called saying the boys could go in at noon for a bath and pedi.
Looks like my day is off to a great start. I'm about to head into the sewing room again and dance with the longarm.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

That blocks looks like so much fun. I love the mouse in the window. That is about the only way it is cute to have mice in your house. LOL

Nancy said...

Yes, I precook meat and freeze. I also cut veggies up as soon as I unpack the grocery bags. If things are cleaned and prepared, I am more apt to use them and have less waste.

Diane said...

wow you had a productive day!

fancystitching said...

LOVE your bright houses. What a fun quilt this will make!

Pokey said...

Your little homes are so sweet, thanks for the shout out ~
You have had one busy day! So many of mine seem like the wheels are spinning, but not making mileage. I'm hoping to catch up one day!
:-}pokey