Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

If I Ever...

...Get Rich and Famous,

the first thing I'm going to do is have a fancy schmancy quilting studio built. I want a ginormous design wall. Huge! So huge I will need a stool to reach the top and I'll be able to lay out my scrappy backings and walk away from it without having to do it in sections! Yeah, that's what I want. And I want lots and lots of fabric so I can have an awesome stash like Teresa of Fabric Therapy shows in this post. I've read where lots of people think she has too much, I think otherwise. I think she has what she needs when she needs it. And I am jealous! Yes I am!

But since I don't play the lottery and I don't think a ship full of money is going to make it to my little section of the world or anything will be dropped from an airplane, I will use my wore out flannel backed tablecloth and my bed as my design walls. Now I have to go in and pin my rows together so I can lay out the last 3 rows I need to make the back for my Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll quilt.

I'm spending the weekend having an at home quilt retreat all by myself. The crock pot is full of chili and the bread is rising. I had hoped to sew late into the night last night but I didn't make it. We'll see how today goes. I am hoping to maybe start quilting on my February UFO that I haven't done anything to since I took a picture of it for this post! Holy Cow, I'm running out of month!!!

Afternoon Progress


After a delicious early dinner of chili and fresh bread and some hubby time, I went back in and sewed the first half of the back together. Then I took it in to the design bed and layed out the remaining squares. I'm going to have some blocks of the same fabric next to each other but I'm not going to worry about it. Some hunks of fabric were larger than others and I only have 2 pieces leftover. They will go into the backing block bin and wait for their turn in another quilt.

Now Ernie is watching some of his recorded TV and I'm going to try to get this back done tonight. While sewing on this and working on my CrabApple leader/ender, I thought maybe I should plan my backs to be leader/ender projects instead of all day projects. Just a thought.......not a plan!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm right there with you...if I ever win the lottery or come into bunches of money, the only room I'll really worry about is the quilting room! We can dream, until then, we do what we have to. You get it done no matter what you have to do. Have a good sewing weekend! Send me some of that chili!

Suzanne said...

I completely agree. Whstever amount of fabric you have is just right for you!