Friday, February 19, 2010
I have been in a sewing mood all week long. Every day I have made huge leaps on my projects. I finally finished quilting my Floral Freeze Frame and the binding is on patiently waiting for me to stitch it down.
I took the 9 patch and flower applique blocks off my design wall and put them bag in their bag. I needed to work on Leland's cowboy quilt before he's all grown up. I put up the blocks, made a few more and now it is ready for a final dark border. I am going to go to the quilt shop today and get what I want for the border and back, the binding strips are cut and ready to sew.
While I was putting Leland's quilt up on the wall, out of the corner of my eye, I spied a top that needed a repair. I posted this quilt on my design wall post in May 2009. While I was working on it, I put the top on my ironing board too close to the iron. All of the sudden I smell scorched fabric and this is what I found. So being the procrastinator that I am, I put the quilt away to work on later. All the while, the final border fabric has been on my sewing table right in front of me. So the guilt got to me this morning and I took that block out and replaced the center fabric and now the block is sewn back in and I have the border fabric ready to apply.
But I have to do errands today and have put off getting ready to go long enough. At least I have a couple of fun errands today, the quilt shop and a visit with the grandkiddos.
Posted by Judy D in WA at 8:45 AM