Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thing I've Learned While...


...working on my Strip Twist quilt top. If I cut 4 strips from each of my fat quarters from the pack, it isn't enough. I need 12 blocks and only have 10. I probably should have done some math but I usually fly by the seat of my pants.

So 80 strips means 8 strips per block! Wow, I can do math. So now I need to cut and sew 16 more strips. I think I will take all of the remaining fabric, cut it into strips and work on an inside border. My plan is go shopping (yeah, I know!) and find a nice dark brown, almost solid for a skinny inner border, then put on the scrappy border, then wider border and bind with the same fabric.
Yesterday I finished the Next Door Neighbor baby quilt. The baby shower isn't for 10 days and I already have the gift finished. What's with that???

No comments: