Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What's Happening?

This is the second of the three quilts I quilted for my friends. In our small group, we had a block exchange and made blocks that represented our fine state of Washington. One of the gals had signed up but then surgery was scheduled so she had to drop out. Being the sneaky bunch we are, we made her this quilt. I had a blast freehand quilting this. The only problem, I forgot to take a picture of it when it was finished! How could I do that? I take pictures of all the quilts I do. So maybe, just maybe, my dear friend Cheri will send me a picture. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaase.

I've been sick. Yes, again. First it was the horrid cold, then the stupid knee--that one is still not healed--and then this weekend I had to go to Urgency Clinic. I knew what was wrong but they have to have you come in before you can get the medication. So I am on 2 nasty antibiotics. One of them is just horrible. My mouth tastes like I'm eating a big o' ball of foil. Nasty! So I am drinking my water, eating careful and sleeping. I didn't know antibiotics made you sleep but I don't care, I feel horrid so sleep is fine with me.

I thought today I could venture out to the grocery store but I just don't have the energy. I don't have to cook dinner on Thursday so that pressure is off. I do have a house full coming on Sunday. I am being the nice mom and giving my kiddos one less place to be on Thursday. But what I am really doing is hogging them on Sunday! So pray for nice weather so they can play outside.

I'm done checking in now, I need a nap.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cherold said...

I'll have Russ take a picture of the quilt...been meaning to do that and put it on my blog...just haven't done it!!

Feel better soonest!
hugs,
Cheri

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Judy - the quilt is stunning - every time I look at it I am impressed with us. LOL ( I made the daffodils) Thanks for posting - and thanks for quilting it.