Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

2020 Finish #10



Garden Party is finished and Daisy tested and approved.
She thinks if I lay a quilt on the floor for a picture, 
she needs to be right there!
Hope you enjoyed that Daisy Doodles,
it's the last time you get to lay on this quilt.


I quilted a simple meander.
After removing the wavy outer borders, this top sat there taunting me.
I finally couldn't take it any more so I got to work on putting them back on the right way.
No more just winging it for me.
I knew better at the time but decided to risk it,
My Big Mistake!
I am thrilled with this quilt! 

I don't think I did too bad on this one,
only 2 years marinating before finishing. 

7 comments:

Ramona said...

Another finish! Woohoo!! I love this quilt. Quilting has a way of humbling us.... and making us realize that we need to do things right the first time. Beautiful quilt.

Julie said...

Awesome finishes! Love them both. Great job. I have been making so many gift things I haven't tackled my own projects! School is out in a couple of weeks though!

Mary said...

Mine is still marinating in a tote. Lots of tiny pieces in that one. Always good to fix those wavy botders.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on a terrific quilt! There is a lot of work in this... and so many great scraps!
Way to go finishing this heirloom quilt!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are doing so well with this years finishes. This too is a real beauty, as is Viginia Bound. So inspiring to me!

Linda said...

In your May 7 post you have PVC pipe in your pots? Have never seen this, what are they for?

Suzanne said...

Awesome finishes...your quilts are so beautiful!