Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Design Wall Monday




The sewing mojo has returned home! 
On Ringo Lake is a finished quilt top!
Even that one sashing block has been turned the right direction.
I'm waiting on the backing to arrive this week and the basting will begin.


After ORL, I grabbed the board the had these cute 6" calendar blocks layed out on it.
These were our Christmas Club exchange blocks for 2017.
I knew all last year how I was going to sash them!
This will hang in the bus at the beach when it's completed.


Then I started sewing Oklahoma Backroads blocks into a top.
I've been making these blocks as leader/enders for a while.
The pattern is at Quiltville in the free patterns tab.
Sorry for the horrible picture.
It needs a good pressing and then the sashing will go on.


Lots of tv time with the Olympics and then yesterday was the Daytona 500.
We have really missed watching NASCAR the past couple years.
I sat down thinking I could get the last row finished on The On The Road Quilt
(found at MDQuilts)
but I was wrong.
I had one yellow/orange rosette stitched wrong so unsewing and resewing had to happen
before anything else.
I have the final 4 finishing rosettes and 1 little edge section left.
Today? Maybe~


Snow and ice and freezing temps are here again.
Spring tried to show herself around here.
Daffodils are up with buds ready to open, trees are starting to grow their buds,
then WHAM!! Winter tells us who is still boss.

These days are perfect sew days. 
See what's happening in Blogland at

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Glad it is back!! LOVE your ORL quilt - so pretty!!

Susan said...

Seems to have returned in full force....... Had to print the Quiltville pattern......... Yours looked so nice that I wanted one too.

AnnieO said...

Go Judy, Go! Wonderful progress on multiple fronts. Lovely!

Julie said...

Yay on your sewing mojo! Your projects are awesome. I love that sashing and your On Ringo Lake is fabulous with the color changes. I still don't see how yo hand piece all those little hexis!!

Mary said...

Good to see you busy in the Quilt Zone again! The ORL is great in R W & B. I need to quilt mine this week. You are definitely a Quiltville Fan.

Robin said...

Hey, great finish on the On Ringo Lake quilt. I love the red, white, and blue fabric choices a lot better than the original. The hexagon quilt is wonderful. I'm glad you found the mistake and could correct it before it got quilted.

Nann said...

I've admired your ORL colorway all along. The On the Road piecing is wonderful! Glad you're back into the quilting saddle.