Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Design Wall Monday


On Ringo Lake is becoming a quilt top.
Slowly but surely!
3 long center rows are sewn together.
The 4th row blocks are stacked and ready to assemble.
Eating the elephant one bite at a time.


The Olympics have taken over my TV.
Now I wish I had a TV in my sewing room.

I am soooo very close to working the bottom row of my On The Road Quilt.
I'm only 2 rosettes away from finishing  the last blue row
but I got stalled when I needed more piece neutral hexies.
So I grabbed my neutral scrap bucket and went to work.
I'm not sure how many I have but I'm thinking more than enough.
You know how that works, right!!


Last night I basted all the remaining hexies.
I hope, I might need to make a few more grays and a couple of lavenders 
 but they are easy, 
just cut fabric and baste to the paper.
I'm ready to finish this top!
Bring on the Monday evening Olympics.

Check all the fabulous design walls at 




3 comments:

Mary said...

Olympics and Celebrity Big Brother are filling my TV Time. Plus the PBS, Food Channel and TLC shows I DVR all the time. I do have a TV in my Quilt Zone! I pay dearly for the priviledge. Need to get the bracket installed to put UP on the wall. I need the floor space for totes, lol. Great work on your Mystery. Love the scrappy-ness of it! and those Hexies, Oh my Goodness...

Suzanne said...

I knit for the Ravellenics project on Ravelry.com for the Olympics. I wish I had a TV in my sewing room too. I like your projects

Julie said...

I LOVE my TV in my sewing room! It only took 2 years to get it mounted on the wall and off my table! I have DVR on it which I adore. Great projects. I still can't believe how much handwork you get done!