Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Design Wall Monday...

...And a couple of awesome finishes.



It's been a busy week.
My niece is expecting a baby girl in a few weeks and I need to make them a cuddle quilt.
I like my baby quilts to cover Momma and Baby.
Way back in 2013, I participated in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at SoScrappy blog.
I planned to make a row quilt and true to form, 
I got part way through the year and stopped,
and now I have a box of awesome 6" blocks. 

Then Bonnie writes a post about Getting Serious With Scrap Reduction.
She shows a picture of Dancing Dashes and that's all I needed to get this quilt started.
I grabbed some yellow polka dot for sashing and soft lavender for the corner stones.
I'm hoping to have this top together before Thursday.
Maybe I'll name this Dashing Dashes and Friends. 


Because Friday is Mystery Day!!
I finally pulled my fabrics for On Ringo Lake.
I don't have one single piece of fabric in Bonnie's main colors so I went stash diving.
Red, Blue, Black and Creamy Neutrals
Depending on the clues and sizes of pieces needed, 
I'll pull from my strip bins and deeper into the stash.


Granddaughter Taylor will turn 18 in a few days.
She had hinted about a quilt with black, white and aqua. 
How could I say no.
I knew Bonnie's Scrappy Trips was a perfect design.
This is found on the Quiltville free patterns page.
Fun strips were pulled from the black and white strip bin.
Most of them were from strip swaps at retreats.


I had a blast quilting this.
Somewhat straight lines in a random pattern.
I used gray thread and my walking foot.


Finally En Provence is finished!
These photos are from Jane right after she quilted it for me.


We decided soft yellow thread would be perfect.
The panto is called Lovely by My Creative Stitches.
And Lovely it is!
I used bright pink for the binding. 
It's been dark, gloomy and wet here so no full on pictures.

Check out Design Wall  Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.


7 comments:

AnnieO said...

Love the baby quilt-to-be colors. The scrappy trips owner looks very pleased, as she should be! Gorgeous panto on Bonnie's design. Good luck with the new mystery--I don't have any blue in stash either.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Thought I would give you a quick visit...wound up reading your last three posts. Lovely UFO's and scrappy projects with gorgeous quilting, btw, and also took the time to download the No Fuss Shawl pattern. Thanks for all that!

Nann said...

So much to admire in your post today! The dash-and-pinwheel blocks will be great for baby and mama. I hadn't thought about making Scrappy Trips out of anything but pure scrappiness -- looks so different (and great) with coordinating prints. Looks as though you have En Provence finished just in time for Ringo Lake! I do have most of the colors on hand and will wait to see if I need augment what my stash produces.

Judy Hansen said...

I love the panto and it is indeed named correctly. Lovely it is. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Happy Thanksgiving, Judy.

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the stars with green and yellow. You have so much going on. I am also planning to do the next mystery but is no were near done last years, it is still units.

Mary said...

You'very been very busy with finishes. Your granddaughter lpoks so happy to have a nana quilt! Love the quilting on your En Provence Mystery. Jane did a great job. Awesome color choices for this years Mystery, Always to use up more Stash.

Ramona said...

Your granddaughter and her quilt are beautiful! I love the black and aqua. The design you chose is perfect, too. Yay! for getting En Provence finished. Just in time for the next one!