Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Design Wall Monday

When last we met, I was finishing up the quilting on the secret project. 
Now it is finished and I still can't share any photos. 
So instead I'll show you what's up next at my machine.


That's right!
A major cleaning and oiling and putting stuff away.
So I am procrastinating! 
Big Time!!


Instead of cleaning my machine and grabbing the next UFO,
I'm knitting and binge watching Netflix.
I can't let this fabulous No-Fuss Shade Shawl become a UFO!

Really I've been feeling a little peaked and when that happens,
I just like to knit and watch tv.
I've been fighting off a cold since retreat and I think I'm winning.
And my shawl is almost finished.


I must get my machine cleaned today because 
tomorrow I pick up my En Provence from Jane the Quilter. 
Now, where did I put that binding?

I'm planning a pretty busy week.
Wish me luck!!

Check out all the fabulous design walls at



6 comments:

Ramona said...

I'm glad you are winning the cold battle. I can't wait to see your En Provence finished. Good luck with your weeks activities!

Mary said...

OOOO--- En Provence Reveal coming up real SOON! YEA, and before the Mystery starts in about a week. SQUEAL!!! Have fun knitting, I did a bit of that last week. Too Many Christmas Hallmark Movies to be watching...

AnnieO said...

I just got back from retreat a week ago and finally got my machine set up again! Bindings are on my list too. Hope you feel better soon.

Julie said...

So fun to be getting your En Provence back! I hope you get back into the swing of things and beat that cold. I wasn't so lucky at retreat this weekend. Several of us ended up with a virus. Others had to pack up my stuff and load my car yesterday. I am recovering today, that's what sick days are for I guess!

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see your finished En Provence quilt. It's stunning! I know what you mean about spinning your wheels a bit between projects. My big accomplishment yesterday was finally -- FINALLY -- cleaning up from the Halloween costume project. Folded up pattern pieces and put them back in the correct envelopes, etc. Silly that I procrastinated for so long, but I had this idea that I was going to make pajama pants for everyone on the dining room table the week before Thanksgiving... And then I came to my senses!

Judy Hansen said...

I too, can't wait to see your En Provence quilt. You are finishing just in time to begin the current mystery. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, I like to see what you are working on each week. Judy