Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, October 16, 2017

Design Wall Monday


Wahoo, wahoo, wahoo!!!
Midnight Flight is finished and headed to my bed today.
I started this quilt in May at a retreat with Bonnie Hunter.
I am thrilled to have it finished.


My friend Jane quilted it.
I told her I wanted gold thread and swirls and to just do her Jane thing.
I love what she did!


I have been working hard on trimming up the scraps.
I am pleased to report that the backing extras are cut to usable sizes and put away.


Each retreat I stop to take a picture of this snag.
It's on the road into Royal Ridges.
I was a bit disappointed that the leaves weren't all orange yet.
Maybe they will still be there when I go back in November.


I worked on the secret birthday project until all the blocks were complete.
They are now stacked and pinned in rows thanks to help from friends.
Next up was Garden Party #2.
I just took posy block kits and I think I completed 30 more blocks.
These are so fun to make.


All the while, leader and ender Oklahoma Backroad blocks were being made.
I think 21 more blocks were completed.
I'm almost ready to lay this one out for real.

Retreats are fun.
Retreats are energizing.
Retreats are exhausting.
Retreats are special.
I get to spend hours sewing with one of my daughters and a bunch of my friends.

Today is catch up at home day.
Lots to do!
Hubs was lucky and harvested a deer on opening day so today is processing day.
And when that's over, you'll find me in my sewing room.

See what others are working on at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh her Jane thing is Beautiful on your Gorgeous quilt!! Snuggle well!

Suzanne said...

So many great projects...you are Super Woman in the sewing room!

Mary said...

Yes, Retreats are exhasting. Stiching with with Pedal to the metal! Misnight Flight looks great! I'm so happy for you to finish it. I know how bad you all wanted to do that Quilt at the Retreat! Thanks for the close-up of Super Jane's quilting. Have a great week, looks like you have lots of more fun to stitch on.

Judy Hansen said...

Your Midnight Flighy is so beautiful. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds wonderful! And your finished quilt is fabulous!

Julie said...

What a lot of fun and awesome projects. Love your midnight flight! My DH realized he hasn't even bought a hunting license yet! LOL He is too busy trying to get fall field work done, then he can think of walking in the field and getting a deer.

Melissa said...

Are you the first to finish a Bonnie Hunter Retreat quilt? I have all of my main blocks finished from my group, but I haven't touched it in months. Midnight Flight turned out great, Judy! I wish I could have made it to an October or November retreat.