Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Design Wall Monday



This is not a quilt related post,
it's a sewing pants post.
I'm making myself pants! 
It's been a struggle all my sewing years to make pants that fit me.
I get frustrated and give up way too soon.
(Quilting is so much easier!)
I was determined to make it work this time.
So after research and talking to my daughter who sews lots more clothes that I do,
I decided to try the Jacole Skinny Pants pattern.

I started out Sunday morning taping the pattern together in my outdoor office.
Then I got a phone call asking me if the kiddos could hang out with us while 
their parents went on a date.
Uhhh, yeah!


So this girl and her 3 brothers spent the day with us.
So much activity and talking and laughing and planning.
I loved almost every minute of it,
I do not like having to bandage up war wounds.


After they went home and I recouped,
I decided to cut out my pattern with some Ponte I bought from Knitpop.
Then I basted them together and tried them on.
I was almost in tears with how happy I was with the fit.
I only need a little adjusting for my big hinnie,
other than that, perfection.
I'm a happy sewer.
Today I get to play with the serger and coverstitch machine and
will finish them and cut out another pair or 7.
Yes, I have that many knits earmarked for pants.
Long pants, and caprices.

When will I go back to quilting?
I'm not sure.
I'm too pumped about new pants right now.

Check out other fabulous design walls at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts Design Wall Monday.

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

You have a Coverstitch machine?? Color me green with envy!!

Judy Hansen said...

The reason I make quilts instead of clothes, is that the quilts always fit and are never too tight in my heinie. Lol. Glad you found a pants pattern that fits you well.