Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Design Wall Monday



Yippee, Yahoo!!
My UFO for June is now a compete quilt top.
I need to cut the binding and make the back.
The simple quilting design has been decided upon.
This will be taken to the beach for sitting around outside.
Will it be ready for our next trip?
Probably not.
But it's HOT here, not Arizona hot but too hot for Western Washington State!
99ยบ is too much for me. 
So I've spent a whole lot of time in my air conditioned sewing room.


These are my favorite blocks.
I had to include a chicken, butterflies and bees. 


My most exciting accomplishment of the week is getting all of my 
Midnight Flight blocks sewn together.
I've put this on hold until the Deli Geese quilt is finished.
But I'm super excited to get back to it.
As I was cleaning in my sewing room,
I did cut fabric for the some of the border units that I forgot to cut.
So now I just have to sit and sew and sew and sew. 

I know how lucky I am that I get to do the things I love pretty much whenever I want.
Retirement is awesome!

Check out other design walls at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

6 comments:

Justhaveingfun said...

Great job Judy!! I've had weddings and baby showers to attend and make things for. My Midnight flight is just waiting for me to give it some much needed attention. But good news is, it will be cooler tomorrow. :)

Mary said...

Yea, I didn't do the border units on my Midnight Flight. I might on the mini one I started. Happy sewing. Stay cool!

Ramona said...

Great quilt top finish! I love the sashing you used. It looks like the middle blocks are floating. It is wonderful to be able to do what you love, pretty much when you want to. Stay cool!!

AnnieO said...

It's so satisfying to have a real quilt finish now and again! I just bought the same book from Bonnie. So many great quilts.

Judy Hansen said...

I like midnight flight by Bonnie Hunter. I'm sure she named it after one of her many flights late at night. Your version is great. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday.

Julie said...

Great job Judy! Your midnight flight blocks are wonderful and your other top is fabulous!