Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Design Wall Monday


We spent some time at the beach last week.
Finally, for the first time this year, we could dig clams on Long Beach.
Something about toxins, blah, blah, blah.
I love spending time at the beach!

My beach sewing project is Wild & Goosey.
I added these little blocks to my pile.
I've decided to just keep making the littles so I'll have a good variety 
when it's time to make them into bigs.
I need to add to my little fabric stash for the next trip.


I basted more gray hexies for the On The Road Quilt.
Half the blue rosettes are each surrounded by 12 gray hexies.
Then other half are surrounded by neutral scrappy pieced hexies.
I need to make more of those too.


I glue basted several more Mischief pieces.


Here is my new little sewing set up.
The kitchen table is too high or
my chair is too low. 
This is just right!


We are headed back next week.
Today I'm going to visit the other design wall blog posts that are linking to


6 comments:

Pam said...

Your colors of your little block is just joyous!

Mary said...

Looks like a fun place. Glad retirement is sew Fun! 29 DAYS!!!!

Ramona said...

I love your Wild and Goosey blocks! They are on my list to make. The fabrics you are using really sparkle. They look like jewels. Enjoy your time at the beach!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Love your blocks. Very colorful.

kwiltnkats said...

You certainly have found a way to keep the craft with you on your trips! Like your Bonnie Hunter project, Wild and Goosey =^.^= Sandi

AnnieO said...

Make do is your middle name on these trips! Love the goosies.