Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Slow Stitching--not just on Sunday

I needed a new project.
And then the clouds parted and the sun came shing through and
shared her 2016 On The Road Project.
(Just click the tab at the top of her blog page.)
As soon as I saw this, 
I knew it would be my next hexi project.
Thanks Mickey!


It started out very innocent.

I was just going to make up a few kits to have ready to go once Mille was finished.

Then I lost all control because
it got hot! 
Stinking hot! 
Can't breath outside, it's so HOT!
I am a whimp!!!


When I wasn't watching The Olympics in the living room
and basting red flower centers,
I was in the sewing room piecing neutral crumbs into squares to make Crackle hexies.
And piecing the yellows and oranges for the hexi flower block kits.
Kits, these were just for kits!
I was only going to baste the centers.


As you can see, I lost all control!
It was too hot to work on Millefiore's last 2 sides of fill in blocks.
So I stitched hexi flowers.
Just to see what they look like.

Good thing I had some kits made up.
snicker, snicker

I'm excited to see what everyone else is sharing at Kathy's Quilts:Slow Sunday Stitching.



8 comments:

gayle said...

I once ended up with a whole quilt done when I only meant to make a test block or two...
I can see why those would run away with you - they're gorgeous!

Julie said...

So funny! They are awesome though! I just spent a couple days shop hopping. I needed more fabric you know! :) :) :)

Bonnie said...

I hear you on the heat (and for us, ridiculous humidity). My studio is in the basement so it is very comfortable down here. I keep thinking about Hexies but I'm trying hard to forget them and focus on FINISHING something, anything! Have fun with yours -- they look really complicated!

Deb A said...

I think we have all been in that situation! =) So glad you had all those kits ready to use =)

CathieJ said...

I am so thankful that I have central AC. I love how you got sidetracked by your hexies and pretty flowers. Go with what excites you and try to keep cool.

Quilter Kathy said...

I cannot believe you finished the Millie! Congrats!
And now you are taking on another big project... you go girl!

Mary said...

You and your Hexies! Glad to see the centers fussy cut. Hahaha on the just making a few kits...

Mary said...

You and your Hexies! Glad to see the centers fussy cut. Hahaha on the just making a few kits...