Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Design Wall Monday



It feels great to be spending a little time in the sewing room again.
My sister had a birthday last week.
I surprised her with a new wallet.
As soon as I saw the Betty Boop fabric,
I knew what I was going to use it for.
She loves Betty Boop!


It was so darn hot last week.
I barely moved off the couch from about noon on.
Our house stays pretty cool until the late afternoon but not this week.
Those little window air conditioner units worked overtime.
That worked out good for me.
I got 2 blue rosettes almost completed.
Along with several more orange and yellows.
I'm deciding whether or not to use variations on these rosettes 
or keep them all the same design.
I only did 2 different so it won't be a big deal to redo them.



I started some Garlic Knot blocks using my 2 1/2" batik strips for a block swap.  
I always forget that not everyone measures the same so this block will go into my personal pile.

.

I cut fabrics for a 1 1/2" strip swap.
They are all bundled up and ready to go.

I can't wait to check other projects at Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday.




2 comments:

Ramona said...

The wallet you made for your sister is adorable! I just love the design and the fabrics. Great rosettes! It's been hot and humid here, too, but today is gorgeous. It felt good to be in the yard and not be a puddle when I was done.

Mary said...

Nice to make something for your Sister! The rosettes are growing. Have fun with your Garlic Knots Block Swap. What group is swapping this time?