Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

2016 UFO Busting


I've started quilting the next UFO. This one is a round robin from WASIQ  (Washington State Internet Quilters) Yahoo group that started in September 2002. I found it pretty amazing that I still had the original letter and label that I sent out with my starter package.

Three of the ladies signed the label but the maker of border number two is unknown. I guess it will remain a mystery.

I am making good progress on this. The tree, checker board and flying geese are quilted. I have an idea for the 9 patch/rail border but I'm still thinking about the green and cream sections of border two. I'm hoping to have this little quilt hanging on the wall by the end of the week. Darker brown fabric has been chosen for the binding.


The next UFO project to be worked on will be my Dresden Plates that haven't seen the light of day since July 2013.  That's not too bad. wink, wink!  I need to pick up some solid background. I used white for the 5 blocks that are appliqued already so I think I'll use cream for the last 4. Oh boy, that means I only have to make 2 more plates, I already have 2 that need appliqued down. That just made me smile!

I posted the pin basted picture on Facebook and my sister asked about the little colored things. I love those little colored things!!! They are called Quilter's Delight Safety Pin Grip Covers. Previously I had bought a bag of them and needed more. JoAnn's had a good sale so I bought them the other day. Now I need to get one more bag and should have all my pins covered. It sure makes a difference to my arthritic fingers when I use these. Who would have thought that little bit of grip could help so much....probably the makers of these pin grips. 

Have a great Wednesday. I'm going to spend part of it with my Binding Friends.


4 comments:

Chris said...

It must be so encouraging to see your UFO's see the light of day and get closer to completion.

Mary said...

I wasn't a member of WASIQ back then. I remember a WASIQ Tree Swap though. Beautiful quilt and Memory you will have when it's done and hanging in your space. I am still trying to keep my Allietare out of UFO status!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on another finish on the horizon. You are on a roll.

Ramona said...

Judy, this quilt is beautiful. The colors and design play so nicely together. Yay! for busting another UFO! I have never seen the pin covers you use, but am going to have to look for some.