Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, June 08, 2015

Design Wall Monday


I had one of those weeks where I was all over the place.
I finished this Framed 9 Patch.
I think it turned out very sweet.


I pieced batting for the next quilt.
Even with the table set up, 
I couldn't force myself to layer and pin baste.
It just wasn't in me.
I'm hoping with the temperatures up into the 90s today
that I'll hide in the cool house and get this basted.


What was in me was mindless sewing.
I turned on a movie and started making 4 1/2" blocks.. 
I wonder if I will ever use up all my neutral strings.
I hope not!

See what others are working on at Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Ramona said...

It is a sweet framed 9 patch. Will it be a baby quilt? Your strings look great, too. Do you have a plan for those or are you just enjoying the sewing?

Churn Dash said...

It seems to me that I never have enough variety of neutrals. I do have a tub of backgrounds but they are in large pieces and I don't like to cut them up. I'm thinking that when I go on a shop hop for the row-by-row experience I will have to buy fat quarters of neutrals.

The framed 9 patch is very sweet.

Helen

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the framed 9 patch - very pretty!

Nann said...

Simple is effective -- especially with a lime green border! The neutral string blocks look like the beginning of something interesting. We're just now getting warm weather....it's been sooooo long.

Lori said...

I love 9 patches and simple sewing! So relaxing.

Mary said...

Nice Nine patches. The Neutrals are being used frugally from all your RR Swaps, they will last a long time. YEA fro Cool basements in the Heat! Have a great and Productive week.

Joyce@Joyce's Farmhouse said...

I love the colors and simplicity of your framed nine-patch. Thank you for sharing.

Sue Daurio said...

That nine patch is super sweet. Those neutral strings are so wonderful! Can't wait to see what you do with those.

Amy said...

Oh Judy! It's so nice to have time to visit your page again! Gettin' all caught up on your latest endeavors and adventures; so many fun fun fun things happening!
A note regarding piecing batting that was shared with me a couple of years ago------ send them through your machine with a wide zig-zag stitch. Lickity-split, batting is pieced.