2017 Finish List

Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Design Wall Monday


Good progress was made this week on my version of Bonnie's Sister's Choice Quilt. (Free pattern found here.) A few days ago, I did some math and decided to make 12 more blocks and make 2 quilts instead of one. Crazy? Nah, I have a plan!!

Quilt #1 is getting the rest of it's borders today. Quilt #2 will be layed out and blocks stacked, ready to sew together.

Funny story........most of the blocks have the same outer neutral per block with lots of neutrals being used. A few are scrappy.  The last 12 blocks....the centers are sewn spinning in the opposite direction from all the others. I didn't even think about it until I was pressing them.  Does that bother me? No, it's a scrappy, fun quilt. One day someone will look at it and wonder what was she thinking.  The answer will be "She wasn't!  She was doing mindless sewing, having a wonderful time with her fabrics."

The border fabrics are nowhere in the quilt. Again, does this bother me.....NO.  I love this quilt and I'm so happy I chose it/them to work on before Grand Illusion starts. I need to hurry, I want both tops finished before the 29th.

See what others have on their design wall at Patchwork Times.

My plans for this week:
  • Finish Quilt #1
  • Finish Quilt #2
  • Rearrange sewing table


3 comments:

Mary said...

Great Plan! Good luck getting two done. I hope the people I give my quilts to don't notice the seams going around differently! I know some are opposite on the Tuip quilt I made 13 years ago.

Denise :) said...

Sounds like you have a good plan in place! Have a fun week of stitching! :)

AnnieO said...

Sister's Choice is a great quilt pattern. Its on my list for someday too. Scrappy and make-do are not bad words. Carry on!