Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Design Wall Monday and...


 ...November Retreat Roundup
 And what a retreat it was.
I got so much done while having so much fun.
I have nothing on my design wall but I have great completed projects.


First thing I did was make the block for Wishes Quilt Along.
Then I did the borders for Tell It To The Stars.


Next up I made my final block (the one I just knew I had already made!
and will probably find someday in a different project box!!) 
and made the connector blocks for Friends and Companions.
Then put them all together, added the setting triangles and borders.
I love a good retreat TahDah!!!
And how fitting that my Friends were with me when I finished this top.


I added a few more Pineapple Crazy blocks.
(Not these particular ones,
I'm too lazy to get the bin out and take a picture.)
And added quite a few new to me scraps from friends.
It was fun to see when they found their fabrics.


We do strip swaps.
Usually 2 1/2"  black/whites, neutrals and batiks
but this retreat we added a new category.
1 1/2" neutrals!
Look at that selection.
35 different fabrics.
I am the swapper so I get the up close and personal look at all the great fabrics.
I am trilled to have added 60 strips to my stash!!


I had to stop Friday morning on my way in to Royal Ridges to take pictures.
The fall colors with the sunshine streaming in was just gorgeous!


I looked out my window to see these beauties up on the hill.
I will miss retreat season but
I am ready to hunker down at home for the winter.
Of course it hasn't officially arrived yet but it sure feels like it has.

Check fabulous design walls at Patchwork Times.


5 comments:

Mary said...

Great finishes to show today! Glad you had a good Retreat. FUN to sew with Wasiq Friends. Don't tempt the weather. I hear the "S' word enough already onthe news.

Cathy said...

Wow... you got a lot accomplished. We're having a retreat weekend coming up at the end of this month. I'm hoping to have lots accomplished by the end of it.

Ramona said...

I'm glad your retreat was so much fun and productive! Love your pineapple blocks. And the swap strips... wonderful!

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks! And neutral fabrics.
I'll miss warm weather :(

Bonnie said...

I'm envious of all you got done at retreat. Heck, I'd like to just go on another retreat. You keep that cold weather up there with you, would you please? We've already had frost which killed off several plants. But my petunias are still looking great. Amazing.

Big question is are you back to sewing or are you taking a day or two off?