Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, June 20, 2014

It's Official!


Mae's Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt is finished and hopefully she is cuddled under it right now.  I started this last August , worked on it through my knee injury and finished less than a year later.

I think this may very well be my most favorite quilt I have ever made.

It helped knowing how much she wanted this and how bad she wanted it before she turned 7 which will happen this December.  It's funny how kiddos get something stuck in their little brains. I should have kept track of how often she asked if it was done yet. But my Sweet Little Mae is ever so patient with her Gramma and now she is thrilled with her new quilt.




7 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, Judy!... little Mae is just adorable and obviously SO pleased with her quilt AND her Gramma. WOW, the quilt is so amazing! What an incredible amount of hexies it contains. I am so in awe of your persistence with this quilt. It's awesome, Judy!

Mary said...

It's awesome! I was trying to see how you quilted it. Great Texture you got with the Quilting. Cute Mae will love it forever! Well Worth your time.

Nancy said...

Fantastic!

I hope you had a couple of photos taken with you, Mae, AND the quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

We share in your excitement! It's fantastic and I know she will love it! Congrats!

Deb A said...

What a lucky little girl! Beautiful quilt. I can't believe you got it done so quickly... but motivation from a little girls asking if it is done yet is wonderful. May she enjoy many years snuggling under her amazing quilt.

Diane said...

gorgeous!! so excited for your amazing quilt and that sweetie Mae-she has a treasure in the quilt and her quilter Gramma!!

Judy S. said...

Your GD is a lucky little gal! It's awesome!