Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, May 09, 2014

On The Needles


Off the needles are the Plain Jane socks that will go to Granddaughter Taylor. She is so excited to have her first pair of hand knit socks. I was hoping she would catch the knitting bug but it hasn't bitten her hard enough yet. She sure loves the knitted items though.  Maybe one day.


I've made some good progress on my No Purl Monkey Socks.  Every time I sit down to knit on them, I'm trying to knit a color--or more. I am loving these socks.

I'm not so patiently waiting for the mail to get here today with my yarn order from JoAnns.  I saw the In Love With Color Throw . You know how when you see something and just know you have to have it???  That's how I am with this little afghan! I want it, I want it in those colors, with that yarn, all of it! Crazy. So I did what I do and went to JoAnn's website and ordered the yarn. I added a new crochet hook because I wanted free shipping. (I love the padded hooks-so much nicer than the all metal ones.) Then I got busy and finishing Taylor's socks and working on my socks so I won't feel guilty later today when I just crochet for hours and not think about knitting anything.

If you are interested, there is a series of really good videos here at the Not Just Yarn Blog for this free pattern.


I finished another dishcloth and started another but haven't made much progress on it--which means I haven't been watching anything on the computer. I had to add a different color to finish this one and now 2 more balls of yarn are out of the box. I was a big girl and pitched this little ball right into the garbage. I did think about putting it back in the bin for just in case..........but only for a second.

See Judy L's beautiful shawl and lots of other fabulous projects at On The Needles at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Lucky grand daughter!!! I love seeing all the things you make.

Janet said...

Your workmanship is great! Love all the colors you use! Janet

Ramona said...

Your socks are lovely. I really like the No Purl Monkey socks, too. I looked at the afghan pattern and can see why you needed to order the yarn. It is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

I giggled when I read how you tossed the small ball of scrap yarn. I've been doing that, too, and it feels good.

Dar said...

Your granddaughter is one lucky girl. I had to wait until I was 60+ to get a pair of handknitted wool socks -- and then I had to do them myself!! Once she sees and feels them on, she'll be hooked. You are a brave soul to toss any yarn. I'm still not there yet! Fabric either! Is there any hope for me?

straythreads said...

what fun stripes!! I keep hoping my daughter will show an interest in knitting but its easier for mom to do it.