Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Design Wall Monday


You all know what happens when you make plans. (That's a statement, not a question.) That's what happened to me this past week. I made plans to quilt and quilt and quilt. Then I got sidetracked with some spring cleaning, some shopping, some knitting, a day with grand-kiddos and a long Saturday away from home.  Some progress was made on my Oldest UFO Sampler (Isn't it odd how the names stick with the project? I wonder if I will always call it that.) and I've planned quilting for today. I told Ernie that I think we are back on our normal routine-him going to work, me trying to do what's on my list-quilting is on my list. We'll see how long that works.


Only 3 more blocks to sew before the Split 9 Patch blocks can go up on the wall. I sure love these little design boards. I lay out the block, complete with 4 new leader and ender 2 patches that are needed to complete each block and stack up 5 boards. Sew them all, repeat.  After the blocks are on the wall, moved around a bunch of times and finally in their proper spot, I'll stack the rows and work on it at the upcoming retreat.

See other design walls at Patchwork Times. I plan to visit around Blogland for a little while this morning. I need to write that on my list. ;-)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for stopping by my Blog this Monday AM. I get torn between wanting to Piece or Quilt. I have a Grandchild to get registered for 2nd grade next year. They are moving home!!! This Gma is So Happy!!! I'd call it a Blue sampler.

Diane said...

I know just what you mean-I make a list and then do everything but...
some days/weeks just go like that
I do like a good routine tho'
good luck getting back into quilting mode.