Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Saturday Sewing


Saturday Sewing started with me pulling fabrics out of my scrap bin and the little half square triangle bin to make this set of Sow-A-Long blocks from Barrister's Blocks.  I'm quite excited for the last set to be posted and then the layout decisions can be make.  It will be a straight setting because I've already done one on point and it is patiently waiting for quilting.



I had to share my dork moment with you.  I was so careful to lay this block out before sewing the sides on to it.  I mean I was careful.  Then I picked it up to sew side one and dropped the piece.  I picked it up, put it where I wanted it and sewed it on.  Then I picked up the second side and sewed it on. When I layed it down to line up the half square triangle, this is what I saw.  How come I didn't see that before???  I just sat there and laughed, grabbed the camera and had to share.  Sometimes I scare myself with the things I do.  Please tell me I am not alone in things like this!

In the afternoon, I worked on Step 5 for Easy Street until I asked Ernie if he wanted fish and chips for dinner. He did, so off to town we go.  When we got home, we decided to watch a movie and chose Clint Eastwood's Trouble With the Curve.  We both really liked it.  This is what we call date night, dinner out and a movie at home, then sound asleep by 9.  Yes, we do live an exciting life.

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

You are soo funny! Hope you enjoyed your wild and crazy date night!
And you are definitely not alone when it comes to dork moments! LOL!