Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Design Wall Monday


I finished the quilt top from last week's DWM post and I wanted to work on the UFO for June.  I looked at my list and it says that #12 is to pick something from last years list that I didn't finish and finish it.  So I went to the bin with the project in it I wanted and this project was in a smaller bin on top of it.  Well I need an empty bin to keep the Christmas Town Sampler project in that will be starting soon.  So I decided this is my #12, even though it wasn't on the list.  I am woman, I can change my list if I want to!

After almost 2 years, this little 36" x 36" piece is a complete top.  Almost.  See the block on the top right and the bottom block on the right side?  The lines in the green fabric aren't going in the right direction.  I am going to take them out and switch them.  I think the lines being off are more noticeable than if the flowers aren't symmetrical.   What do you think??

I had to laugh when I read the last post I wrote about this project, which by the way is a Pat Sloan BOM, (still available) called Meadow Breeze.  I said I was caught up and putting it away for a few days.  LOL  22 months is not a few days.  But I love it and I'm ready to load it and quilt it and mark it off the list.

See what others are doing by visiting Judy L.  I love Monday's in Blogland.

12 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

a fews days a few months, but at least it's done, and it is so beautiful. I love the orange and green together, just beautiful. Seriously I never would have noticed the line on the green if you didn't say anything.

Diane said...

I remember this top! Great that you're finishing it-it's so pretty.

Angie in SoCal said...

I remember this BOM - and yours is an oh so pretty version, Judy. Congrats on your finish.

Cathy said...

Even after you pointed out the difference in the greens, I had to really look hard to see what you meant. But, if it's bugging you now, it will always bug you, so I guess if you have to.......... It is a lovely quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

How funny that a few days turned into 22 months...I know exactly how that goes!!
I can't see on the photo what you are wondering about re: the green fabric? So it's not noticeable to me from over here in Canada!!

Vicki H. said...

Love this top, and i can see any line of green going the wrong way. Seriously. Leave it and just quilt it up! :)

Vicki H. said...

ok i CAN'T see, geeze one day I will learn how to type...

Annie said...

This is a really pretty quilt, Judy! The photos are too small for me to see what your troubles are, but I do know that if it bothers you now, it will bother you even more if you leave them. 22 months is more than a few days?!?!! What are you saying?!! This little quilt will be so pretty when it's all done.

~Kris~ said...

This really caught my eye. The bright colors are so great. Glad you are near the end and can enjoy it.

Nancy said...

I don't see the problem blocks either, but change them if you must because they will always be obvious to you.

The top is wonderful.

fancystitching said...

I had to zoom in to 400% enlargement to see the problem, and even then it doesn't show unless you are looking for it! The devil is in the details, and if you know the problem is there your eye will always go right to that spot... ask me how I know this! I have a couple of small quilts done in the early days of my quilting career, and I said, "No one will notice this." They dont, but I do. It bothers me. So go right ahead and change those while you can... I wish I had taken the time to fix things because now my eye goes right to those areas.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL quilt... I can't wait to see how you quilt this!

kwiltnkats said...

All the blocks are sewn right. The mix between the two on all the sides is different. if you changed the two on the left and the two on the bottom (one of each direction) you'd have identical throughout your project. Less reverse stitching... It would drive me crazy if I knew it and didn't like it and left it... Take the time so you'll be happy when you look at your lovely work! Sandi