Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hungry For Free Time


This morning I was getting out the Cheerios for my breakfast and without the aid of my glassies, I read on the side of the box "Hungry For Free Time". Then I put on my glassie to see what this was all about. What was actually written was "Hurray for Free Time". From the health and parenting experts at KidsHealth. So I checked it out and there are all kinds of fun things for kids.
Did you know that if you got to Cheerios.com and enter your box code, they will donate $1 to WomenHeart, supporting women living with heart disease. So rush out and buy your good for you Cheerios and be sure to get a box with the $500,000 banner on the front so you can find your box code and help raise a half a million dollars! Way to go Cheerios! Too bad you can't enter a code from any box. I tried. But not to worry, I'll buy more.

The funny thing is, I am truely hungry for free time. Yip, every once in a while, I need some Judy Time. You know what I mean, time to do what you want to do, when you want to do it. No clocks, no TV, no phones (I'll have my cel phone just in case!), no (sorry honey) hubby or dogs, no work. Just some quilty friends to talk to or not. To laugh with or cry. Snacks, chocolate, good home cooked meals--cooked by someone else and no dishes!

I get to sit down in front of my sewing machine and sew. I don't have to stop unless I want to. You never know when you might need a snack!!! And I do need to get up and move around a bit.

My bags are packed, I'm almost ready to go. I have a couple little things to do in the morning and then I am off to my retreat. I have my projects all packaged up and I know what order I want to work on them.

First thing I'll do is eat my Cheerios.

No comments: