Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

My Productive Weekend

I have a gazillion UFOs. I consider anything started and not completed to be a UFO and it is time I got some FOs. So this weekend was my time to get busy.

I finally finished my marble circle quilt top that was started in November at our quilt retreat. I had to go back and re-sew all of my black sashing because my 1/4" seams were waaaay too narrow... But now it is done and I am ready to quilt it. I have to get some fabric for the back but I know what I want and I hope they still have it. I'm going to use a smokie colored thread and quilt various size circles all over this quilt.

These are the marbled fabrics that I did with my Marbelous friend Sonya. I used Nancy Elliot MacDonald's templates and just started cutting fabric and this is where I ended up. I totally love this wallhanging and cannot wait to get it finish and on the wall.

If you strain your eyeballs and look on the left edge you can see just a trace of another quilt top underneath. It is a baby quilt top. The red, white and blue nine patch blocks have been in a UFO box for 3 years or so and I finally got them out, made a few more, sliced and diced them, arranged them, re-arranged them, sewed the top together and added a red border. It now needs to be quilted and given away.

I also sewed the back to another quilt together and pieced the batting. I have a bin of 10 1/2" squares that makes great scrappy backings. It is ready to put on the machine and quilt. Now I have to clear off the machine table, fill some bobbins and dance with my machine. Hopefully this week will lead to some finishes.

I went to the doctor on Thursday about my caprel tunnel. I left with splints for both hands, wear when sleeping (that's a joke) and when I can when I'm awake. She doesn't recommend surgery right now (thank you!) but she does recommend that I rest my hands and arms. You cannot go on a marathon knitting/sewing/computering binge with out taking breaks. When I told her I used to take breaks all the time (smokers do that ya know!), she told me to take water breaks. Funny girl!!!

So now I am going to take a water break. And then put on my cute splints and watch some TV with the big guy. Hmmmmm ice cream...that sounds good. Posted by Picasa

No comments: