Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Socks, I'm Knitting Socks...

...or I've Started A Sock! Whichever!!!

Socks 101 has the most awesome sock demo. I have been searching online for a basic teach me to knit socks site and this is what I found. So on my day off today, I made a mad dash in to town to get some more printer ink (I need this to be portable), double pointed needles (couldn't remember what size so I bought 4 sets--just in case!) and some Lion Wool Prints yarn and some TLC Wiggles sport weight. The wool color is Autumn Sunset and the TLC is called Cherry.

I start to wonder what I am thinking at times but this has become an obsession. I have dishclothes #9 and #10 started. #9 is on the couch for TV time and #10 is at the computer for pokie ole dial up load time. Mind you, I'm not getting bored with the dishclothes. Just yesterday, I bought a book and 6 more balls of cotton yarn. I love using them and want to share with my friends and family. It's just this stupid sock thing I have going on in my brain. I even dreamt about socks last night.

So I've jumped in with both boring white sock covered feet and I'm determined to knit some cool socks. I've never used double pointed needles and that was a challenge. After some serious lip biting, I think I have the hang of it. I just kept refering back to my Socks 101 photos on how she hold the needles. I guess what I'm really saying is I am not afraid of the boogie man. The worst that can happen is I'll have to rip them out and start over. Would that be worse that just giving up?? I'm not going to do that, I've seen too many photos of cool sox. Check out these photos from the Socks 1o1 Lady. I want to be just like her when I grow up! Like that's gonna happen anytime soon.

I was just so excited about my bit of progress that I had to share. With any luck at all, my next post will have a photo of my foot/feet decked out in an Autumn Sunset Wool sock/socks. Hopefully one of those feet won't be in my mouth.

TTFN, gotta knit before I start dinner.

PS Happy Birthday Mom Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Great looking sock! I dont know how the test went yet, no results have been posted *sigh*

I'm still trying to finish that darn scarf! I don't know why it's taking me so long......