Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

I Like Thursday #38

Our kiddos had a 2 hour late school start this morning due to icy roads
so I am having a 2 hour late start on my home stuff,
including my Thursday blog post.
Here are some of my likes for this past week.


I like having quilts basted and ready to work on.
I did 2 more this week but haven't started quilting them yet.


I decided to start this quilt for our oldest grandson.


So this morning I marked and clip the pieces together for when I have time to sit and sew.




2 hour late start means Gramma will let you play games if you are ready for school.


Gramma all comfy with her soft pants and fuzzy warm socks. 


We are headed out soon to pick up 40 super small Leland Cypress trees.
These are at our daughter's house.
With 2 more homes being built up on the hill, 
that means 2 more families using the gravel driveway right next to ours.
I need more privacy and these grow super fast. 
We'll be having a tree planing party soon.
Want to be invited over for the fun and games?


And these two! 
Daisy and Jessie
Daisy will scooch over so Jessie can have part of the middle.
Jessie, the spoiled rotten little dog, will not scooch.
If he gets the middle, it's all his! 

Visit other Thursday Like pages posted at 

Have a wonderful week!


7 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Oh good! So glad to see you again! Love the idea of a line of cypress. They do grow fast in sun, and will really fill in the path. The ice has been a real danger this winter hasn't it? It was never sunny when cold in MD, so we didn't have icicles like here, daggers really. Love the idea of getting the pieces ready so you can just sew when you have a minute. Do you have a longarm? I'm a bit tired of the quilting so haven't started quilting the cattail piece. It's sandwiched but I'm not in a head place for it yet.
Moved your link up to active ones... sorry bout that! LeeAnna

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the picture of your two dogs sharing the dog bed together! Of course, the little one will take up as much space as possible. Your picture of your comfy pants and fuzzy warm socks looks just like my view right now - that's the only way to dress!

Mary said...

Fun Grandma time! I love your Thursday's posts

PaintedThread said...

I like the quilts! Daisy and Jessie - what a hoot that the big one scootches.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Your puppies are so adorable! Happy grandkids indeed! I don't mind the snow but the ice--Yuck! I love your basted quilt! Have a great week!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I like the idea of trees lining your property. It'll probably keep dust from the cars down, too. Our Molly the Cat is like your little dog. She has no problem crowding us when we're all sitting on the sofa. lol

Kate said...

Getting three basted is great progress. Hopefully we won't have much more ice and snow, I'm ready for spring.