Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Design Wall Monday



During retreat with Bonnie Hunter,
one of our classes was Garden Party.
I have a completed top already but want to make another
and set this one with my framed 9 patches making the diagonal path.
Isn't it going to be fun!!!


I chose to use yellow for my flower centers and
I have some really cool yellow with bees on it.
I shared my bees with my friends and saw many blocks with bee centers.
Thank you to my friend BJ for putting this fabric in a scrap bag
and gifting it to me.


This is my completed Garden Party top
and it will soon be under my needle for quilting.

Design Wall Monday has moved to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
Thank you Judy H for keeping DWM going~
I love my Monday tour of Blogland.



7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Your first garden party is gorgeous!
ANd your next one looks like another fun party!

Ramona said...

I haven't seen this pattern before today. Your finished top is beautiful! I just love your little bee centers on your new blocks. Fun, fun!

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing your Bees. The Posy blocks are like Potato chips, Bonnie said. They take longer to cut than to sew. Happy Birthday, my quilting, Bonnie loving friend!

Judy Hansen said...

I am not familiar with this Bonnie Hunter pattern, she has so many. i really like your finished top, beautiful! Thanks for posting on Design Wall Mondays.

Julie said...

What fun! I so wish I was there, but next time I will be! I love your blocks. I am enjoying all the pictures!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I've been keeping up with Bonnie Hunter's visit to your part of the country and sure am envious that you could have a class with her! Your quilt is outstanding!! How proud I would be if I made a quilt like yours.

So glad Design Wall Mondays are going to still be around.

Rabid Quilter in CA

Robin said...

The garden party quilt is so pretty. Nice work!