Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Design Wall Monday




I finally had face to face time with my sewing machine!
I had 5 applique blocks prepared for The Splendid Sampler.
I set up my machine for applique and started playing!
I had sew much fun and loved doing every block!
Then I played with decorative stitches. 
The machine doesn't have very many but I had fun playing with the ones it does have.
And hand appliqued hexagons!
How happy that makes me.
(Whoopsie, I just noticed I forgot Mr Bunny's flower stem.
The power of pictures.)

In the evenings I've been slowly stitching on Millefiore.
I'm so close to the finish line.
There is one more partial rosette to make.
I thought I had the perfect fabrics and when I double checked,
my focus fabric was in the rosette right next to where it goes.
Oh well, time to dig in the stash some more.


This girl right here, Taylor, spent a few days with us.
I had bought a tank pattern from Patterns for Pirates for her.
I highly recommend these patterns!

We learned how to tape a pdf pattern together. 
do measurements,
find your size, trace, and cut our your personal pattern.
Then we dug through Poppy's old tshirts for one to cut up and sew.
I got out my big heavy Morse machine and sat her down in front of it.
She learned how to oil and thread it.
And then she started sewing her tester Free Spirit Tank!


This is her new sleep shirt.
We've learned what to do for the next shirt,
where to make adjustments,
what she likes and dislikes.
I can't wait until she comes to play again.
Next time she will learn to use the serger to sew Peg Legs and 
another Free Spirit tank to go with them..

I'm going to spend some time at Patchwork Times this morning.
I love having coffee with friends in Blogland.


3 comments:

AnnieO said...

You are always doing the most varied projects in your Quilting Room! Looks like you're having your usual amount of fun :)

Ramona said...

How nice that you are passing on your love of sewing. You have some great blocks made! Fun colors.

Julie said...

Your blocks are awesome! What great fun to teach a new generation to sew!